When we talk about rating the most difficult addiction to overcome, we must remember that it’s only the most difficult one, and not an impossible one.
Drugs and alcohol are addictive in nature. Every drug addiction happens due to chemical reliances it creates in the body. The ones that create quick dependencies are more difficult to overcome than others. And not to forget that these drugs weaken the normal functioning of the nervous system, among other systems in the body. This leads to reduced will power, physical strength, decision making capacities and rational behaviour. It is also largely because of the high intensity of these consequences that overcoming certain drugs could be comparatively more difficult.
Another important point to keep in mind is that the more a drug is addictive, the more fatal it’s withdrawal symptoms. Rehab centres in India ,therefore, become the best place for deaddiction. If you are addicted to the following most difficult drugs to overcome, then you must seek professional help:
- Cocaine – Known for boosting feelings of Euphoria, it reduces the capacity of the brain to create natural dopamine. The highs triggered by this are short- lived; therefore the consumption is more often.
- Heroine – On consumption of Heroin, the dopamine levels shoot as drastically as to reach 200 percent. Owing to the inexpensive market rate, it is accessible to a large number of people. Drug addiction treatment centres in India and across the world, especially the USA, have noticed that the maximum cases relating to substance use are related to heroin.
- Methamphetamine: This is highly known for increasing mental stability, focus and concentration. Consequently, when the addict is off this drug, he feels that he cannot work, study or practice every day routine. This is usually common in university students.
- Nicotine: Chewing tobacco or smoking cigarettes causes’ nicotine dependence. Chewing tobacco is visibly common in India. A study reported that as less as 15% of nicotine addicts are able to overcome their addiction without professional help.
- Alcohol: Because a moderate amount of Alcohol is good for health, people often fall prey to it and grow addicted. While moderate drinking can be self regulated, severe addiction can only be treated through professional intervention.
- Painkillers: Drugs like codeine, Vicodin and Oxycontin are medically used to suppress physical pain. Prescribed or without medical prescription, these drugs are often abused by addicts falsely. They tend to develop a habit of relying on these drugs, lowering their capacities to bear pain. Some addicts also use it for other inappropriate uses which acts as bad other hard drugs. Due to the medicinal veil, it is hard to draw boundaries to understand if you’re addicted to it or not.
As the leading alcohol rehabilitation centre in Mumbai, Sunshine Wellness Centre, aims to fight even the most difficult drugs to overcome
With employment of varied therapies, medication and alternative treatment methods, they seek to rekindle the spirits of addicts to give them a new life!
Contact Sunshine wellness center for understanding and treating your addiction!